There's nothing better on a boring day at work than mindlessly pouring over trivia. Am I right? Of course I am, otherwise you wouldn't be reading this.
And who are we to disappoint? Here's the 20 quirkiest things you've NEVER ever heard about.
1. Shakespeare spelled his own name a number of different ways.
2. E.T. dolls were illegal in France because there is a law against selling non-human looking dolls with human faces.
3. Over 200 times more gold exists in the oceans than has ever been mined.
4. The opposite sides of a dice cube always add up to seven.
5. You can go to jail for driving a dirty car in Russia.
6. Human birth control pills work on gorillas.
7. Hummingbirds can’t walk.
8. Eskimos use refrigerators to keep their food from freezing.
9. In Indian, Canada means "Big Village."
10. No census was ever taken in Bhutan since 1975. No one has any idea how many people actually live there.
11. The only country in the world whose flag isn’t a square or a rectangle belongs to Nepal.
12. A person's brain is more active SLEEPING than watching TV.
13. The first self-serve restaurant, the Exchange Buffet in New York, only allowed men to dine.
14. Every photograph of an American atomic bomb detonation was taken by Harold Edgerton. They were taken 1/100,000,000th of a second after detonation and spliced together.
15. You have no sense of smell when you're asleep.
16. In 1997, a Mexican town had a storm where frogs fell from the sky.
17. Before heading into space, astronauts aren't allowed to eat beans. Passing wind can damage their spacesuits.
18. Before rubber was added to the tops of pencils, people used bread to erase marks.
19. In North American sign language, a raised right hand means "powerful" and "brave." A left hand placed over a right hand means "burial" and "death."
20. Adult polar bears usually eat the skin and blubber of a seal. They leave the meat for cubs and scavengers.
I never knew that about sign language. Now I kind of want to explore further and learn it!